Scope and Context
Held in Strasbourg (France) between Oct. 24, 2023 and Oct. 26, 2023, this first joint, binational meeting on adsorption is organized by the FRA/GER adsorption initiative -- with support from the French and German Adsorption Societies. This city, which is ideally located near the French/German border, provides a great venue for such a scientific conference. More details on conference organization will be provided later but please already mark the dates in your calendar.
- Characterization of porous materials/adsorbents
- Thermodynamics and kinetics of adsorption
- Gas phase processes
- Liquid phase processes and chromatography
The conference will be hosted within the premises of the European School of Chemistry, Material and Polymer of Strasbourg. The conference will start after lunch on Tue. Oct. 24, 2023 and will close on Thu. Oct. 26 around noon (a lunch bag will be provided). A combined wine/cheese and beer/bretzel event will be organized on the first evening while a social gala dinner will be organized for registered guests on the second evening.
Click here to submit an abstract for a presentation poster only
(please use the template provided on the submission page)
The deadline for submission is September 15, 2023
to register to the conference
(jotform with secured payment provided)
The deadline for early bird registration is Sep. 01, 2023.
Beyond this date, registration will still be possible at normal registration rate until Sep. 20, 2023.
for more organization details regarding
the conference venue including a hotel list
A preliminary version of the conference program can be downloaded here: PDF
- Christian Bläker (University of Duisburg-Essen), "Methods for Characterization of Activated Carbons, Zeolites and Silica Gels"
- Gabriele Iffland (BASF SE), "Industrial Applications of Liquid Phase Adsorption"
- Cécile Lutz (Arkema), "Zeolithes for sustainable development"
- Carlos Nieto-Draghi (IFP Energies Nouvelles), "A new class of descriptors for nanoporous materials and its applications to Classification and CO2 gas adsorption into zeolites"
- Main sponsors
BASF Silica VT
CWK Bad Köstritz Micromeritics
Anton Paar Micromeritics Hiden Isochema 3P Instruments Knauer Microtrac MRB Surface Measurement Systems
DECHEMA French Adsorption Society (AFA)